No course dates currently available.
Please contact us if you would like to arrange or create a new course date.
The New Stand Up Paddleboard Inland Open Water Leader
First of all, the SUP Inland Open Water Leader is open to anyone with experience of paddling in inland waters. The award will enable you to lead fun, safe and enjoyable trips for groups of paddleboarders, with a range of experience.
WHAT CAN A LEADER DO?
As a Leader you will lead paddleboarders with a range of experience.
This will be on trips based on their needs in a moderate inland open water environment.
As a result of becoming a Leader; you can choose to work:
These trips can be wide ranging from educational experiences, social adventures or trying something new.
You will also be able to provide British Canoeing Awards and Training, such as:
Note: other experience, training or qualifications may be required. Find out more in our develop skills section.
LEADERSHIP ELEARNING AND ONLINE RESOURCES
These optional, interactive eLearning package will take you through some of the key principles behind:
And provides resources and guides as well as a digital self-analysis tool. Find out more!
- Do you want to lead a group of paddleboarders in moderate inland open waters?
- Are you a paddleboarder or do you have experience paddling in moderate conditions?
- Do you want to support your club, centre or organisation?
- Be deployed by a:
- Personal Performance Awards – Paddle Start Award, Paddle Discover Award and the Stand Up Paddleboard Sheltered Water Award
- British Canoeing Model of Leadership.
- Leading in unfamiliar environments.
- Leading mixed craft journeys