- Do you paddle on white water?
- Do you want the skills to stay out of trouble?
- Want to know what to do if either you or others get into trouble on the river?
Then the Advanced White Water Safety & Rescue Training is for you!
Your course will support you to consider safe practices, provide practical solutions to common issues and appropriate responses to incidents, providing peace of mind when venturing out onto more demanding rivers.
WHY TAKE THE ADVANCED WHITE WATER SAFETY & RESCUE TRAINING COURSE?
First of all, this award is all about keeping safe on white water rivers. So, whether you are paddling with friends or using the training course as preparation for a leadership qualification, this practical course is packed with safe, practical solutions.
If you needed any more convincing, the course is completely based around training, raising awareness with no assessment. Structured to support you, our experienced tutors will ensure you have plenty of time practising, as well as understanding how you can develop skills and experience after the course.
The course will cover many subjects; here is an outline of what you will explore during your course:
ADVANCED WHITE WATER SAFETY & RESCUE COURSE OUTLINE
- You will further your understanding of safety principles and protocols;
- You will explore and practice different ways to provide safety cover from a bank;
- The tutors will support you in practising extraction techniques;
- You will develop techniques to rescue swimmers from the water;
- Our tutors will share with you top tips to recover both craft and paddles;
- You will know how to prioritise and structure rescues;
- You will explore solutions of appropriate methods of paddling rivers.
There will be opportunities to develop and progress your own paddling skills and meet like-minded people during the course. Many of our course candidates develop long lasting friendships, connections and contacts.
You can read the syllabus here: Advanced White Water Safety & Rescue Syllabus
There is no need to register for this training course, by using the ‘find a course’ function you can book straight onto the 10-hour course.
However, you need to be at least 16 years of age and, to get the best from your course, you need to feel comfortable swimming in and around grade 3 water and be able to independently paddle your craft on grade 3/4 water. Holding the Advanced White Water Award would put you in a position to fully engage and enjoy your course.